They are getting violent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are getting violent

Hi, well my parents have temper issues and I don't know what to do. I am the middle child of the family and I have thoughts about running away and just today, my parents got mad at me for asking for a thank you after washing the dishes. My dad had some wine and started yelling and spanking me and my mom held me in place and now I am grounded for a whole week just because of this. Also, they removed my doorknob to my bedroom so I have no privacy at all. What should I do?

They are getting violent

If you feel like you are being abused in any way, contact the Department of Child Protection and Permanancy at 877-NJ-ABUSE. They will come out to your location and complete an assessment to make sure you are not being mistreated. They are experts and can help you with your situation. They may be able to set you up with family counseling or another treatment to help you. There is no reason to be mistreated. You can even reach out to us at 888-222-2228 and we can call them with you.

Comment

It is not your fault

Issue's with parents can be really difficult, because we like to hold our parents to unrealistic ideals, and believe they should be perfect. However, our parents are people too, and they make mistakes. It can be hard to accept these problems because we think that we are the root cause or that, if our parents are drinking, abusing or neglecting us, then they don't love us, and we don't want that to be the case. But this is not the case, children are never to blame for a parents short comings, and recognizing a pattern that is hurting you or your siblings is the first step to ending a harmful cycle. Abuse in any form is never okay, and it is certainly not excusable, not matter who it is coming from. It is so important, even though it is hard, to seek help -- talk to a teacher, counselor, authority, or call second floor for other resources.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X