Boys and my Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys and my Parents

So I'm a sophomore and my boyfriend Is a junior. He has met my dad twice but never my mom. The thing is, is that I never told them we are dating, and I'm not even aloud to date. So the other day my town had a bonfire, so my friends and I decided to walk halfway to meet up with my boyfriend since he didn't know where it was located. My mother saw, she got pissed and doesn't trust me at all. I tried to explain to her what happened but she wasn't listening. I want to tell her I have strong feelings for him but she believes I'm too young to date, and every guy I speak to and have feelings for is just trying to use me. How do I explain to her I want to date and how do I gain her trust back? Also how can I be more open with my parents about my personal life?

Thanks soooo much!

I know that the conversation you are going to have with your mom will be a difficult one, but it is important to be as open and honest with her as you can. It seems as though her lack of trust came about because you were not honest with her from the beginning. When you start the conversation with your mom you could ask her to explain to you why it is that she feels you are too young to date. She may have some specific reasons that the both of you could talk about together. I would talk to her about this guy that you are seeing and what it is that makes you want to be in a relationship with him. This doesn't mean that she is going to agree to you dating now, but at least if you tell her she can understand the situation more. If dating isn't a possibility right now you could continue to build a friendship with this boy and have him meet your mom so she can get to know him better. Her trust in you is something that will come in time if you continue to communicate and be honest with her. This will be a great start! Keep an open mind during your conversation and as much as you want her to listen to you try to listen to her as well. Remember she just doesn't want to see you get hurt! If you need more help you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228. Good luck!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X