My Dad Got Angry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad Got Angry

Yesterday after school my dad was supposed to pick me up at 4:30.. The after school program ended earlier than usual, which was 4:00, so I walked home since I only live 15 minutes away from school(walking time) I arrived home at 4:15 and no one was home. I figured my dad would still be home since driving only takes about 8 minutes. I don't have a phone, by the way, only an iPod. So I texted my older sister asking where she was and she said dad just dropped her off at work. So then I figured that from dropping her off he'd go straight to my school to pick me up and I had no way of contacting him that I was already home. So I texted her saying to call him and tell him I'm home. She did that and later he arrived home at 4:25.. 10 minutes after I got home. Then he started yelling at me saying he was waiting at the school and he wanted to know if I were home or not beforehand. He went on an on about it. I was completely calm about the situation because I know where he's coming from when he wants to know where I am. But he was YELLING at me saying that once I got home I should have called him through my brothers phone (although none of them were home and we don't have a house phone anymore). I had no idea why he was so upset about it. I told him I got home just 10 minutes ago and I texted Sarah to call him and he was like "Yes she did that" but he was still yelling. It got me really upset. I don't know why. But I relapsed and I cut myself more. And no one can stop me, my therapist said she can't force me to stop. But did my dad have the right to keep yelling and yelling at me even though I got home just 10 minutes before he did? I notified him as well, otherwise he'd be there all day. I've walked home before.. He never really had a problem because when I arrive home he's just about ready to pick me up. So does he have te right to tell at me? How do I handle this? He gave me money this morning for no reason and was nice about the whole situation the day before but I'm still upset about it. I've been giving him the silent treatment. He's 70 years old and I'm 14 if that makes a difference..

My Dad Got Angry

It's never pleasant to be yelled at by anyone, especially someone we care about. Sometimes people have a difficult time expressing themselves when they are angry without yelling. Maybe talking to them about how being yelled at makes you feel might help, but not when the person is still angry, give them a few hours or even a day to calm down. Cutting doesn't do anything to help, and typically only serves as a temporary relief that makes things worse in the long run. It's good that you are seeing a therapist, but try to follow through with not cutting. Check out the website www.selfinjury.com for some info and help. For what it's worth, you did seem to try to let him know that you were already home, just not in the way he thought was right, even though you had no way of knowing that. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X