I don't know how to stop myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how to stop myself

I feel like such a horrible person and i hate saying this but i need help. When my little brother(age 11) makes me angry i try to tell him to stop making me angry but he doesn't and then i hit him but i hate doing it. i don't know how to control myself and i hate not knowing how to either. When i get angry i hit and yell and i know thats not good. I try to control myself but it happens so quickly i just go for it and then it happens and i can't take it back.

Well the good news is that you recognize there is a problem and the better news is that you want to change that negative behavior. That's the biggest part. Now how can you stop hitting your brother? Probably the easiest thing to do is to remove yourself from the situation. Do you have a place you can go for some alone time? If not your bedroom, maybe the bathroom and just stay there until you calm down. Have you ever talked to your parents about this? Telling them that your brother continues to bother you after you've appropriately asked him to stop. Maybe you can set it up with them that if he continues to bother you once you've appropriately asked him to stop, he gets some form of consequence. Finally, try looking at why he's bothering you. Yes, sometimes brothers can be a pain, but sometimes there is a reason for it, like he's looking for attention from you and even negative attention is attention. Instead of yelling or hitting, think of something he enjoys doing with you. Playing a game, watching a show, making snacks and tell him that you're busy right now, but if he leaves you alone and lets you finish what you're doing, when you're done (or later in the day/night) you'll spend some time with him doing something he likes. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X