What do i do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i do?

My mom is mad at me about grades and 'lying' (not lying) and is now starting to isolate me, threatening to move me out of the school and county, where i have all my friends i've had since I was little. She's ending a romantic relationship I was in even though she was the reason I was pushing myself to do better in school I simply feel like i shouldn't care anymore but i'll miss this girl and my friends if she moves me away, what do I do, she isn't budging, and not even willing to talk to me, i tried and she said she doesn't even feel any kind of regret, and that it's all MY fault. I'm writing this maybe 2 hours after it all happened and ive been crying the whole time. I have no idea what to do.

I'm sorry that you are going through such a stressful time at home. It's completely understandable that you are feeling upset with the thought of leaving your friends. It sounds like at this point you don't feel you are able to talk to your mom about this situation. I'm not sure what your family situation is like, but is there anyone else in your family that may be able to help you talk to her (dad, aunt, uncle, family friend, sibling)? Since this happened only a few hours ago your mom may need some time to calm down and think about the situation. Sometimes we say things in the moment that we don't always mean. Give her some time and maybe try talking to her about it again. If there isn't someone else that can help you to hold the conversation with her you could always try writing her a letter so that all your feelings are laid out for her. If you would like to talk more about this situation or another situation you can call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

So on saturday night, I was at a family party for my cousins birthday. I thought it was going to be great time spending with my family but it turned out to be a bad time. My little cousin who is 12 years old had told me and one of my other cousins who is the same age as me that we might be half sisters. My cousin and I have asked my little cousin how did she know and she has responded to us that her mom has told her because she found out by my grandma. My little cousin has told me that my biological father might be my uncle and not the father who raised me for 15 years. I was so surprised because i wasn't really expecting this and ever since that night I couldn't sleep and I have been crying and having so many questions on my mind. I taking midterms already and when I found out I couldn't really focus on my midterms and I could baerly study because that is always on my mind. I have not asked my mom if its true or not but I don't really how I should take it if its true. I can't even imagine a my mom in a relationship wiht my uncle while she was with my dad and I don't know what to really do and how I should start the conversation with her. I am really nervous how everything is going to turn out and how her reaction is going to be. I don't even know if my aunt and my dad know about this. If its true why didn't they tell me before and if its not why would my grandma tell that to my aunt. I don't know what to say believe or think.

Comment

So I get why hearing something like this would be upsetting but before you continue being so upset talk to your mom. You don't have to sugar coat anything or be aggressive either, just explain to your mom what happened and how your cousin said these things to you. Try to pick a time that it is just the two of you and not a hectic time. You don't know for certain that this is true what your cousin said so just talk to your mom before you make up your mind about it. As for why your cousin said this who knows..maybe its true, maybe your gram didn't tell her that but she is saying this anyway, maybe your cousin was mad or maybe not, too many maybes so it really is best to just talk to your mom. Good Luck and if you want to chat again please text or call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X