Unwanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted

My dad left me when I was in the fourth grade and now I only see him during the summer. I shouldn't complain because I still get to see him, but I miss him. I miss the way my family was before he left. A few years ago he cheated on my mom and had 2 kids with a women where he lives now. I have 3 sisters and I myself am a girl (we have the same parents). He had 2 boys with this women. She's nice and everything but I have a weird feeling in my stomach when I'm around her and the kids. I feel like my dad care more about his sons than me and my sisters. I sometimes feel like he doesn't want us because he always wanted boys. I know my dad loves me, but I can't help to feel like he is losing love for me because I never see him and he finally got what he wanted. The way he plays with the boys and spoils them and their mom I can't help but to feel unwanted. Some people think I'm jealous, but I'm not, I just feel like he'd rather have them instead of me. I love my dad and he loves me too, I think but I always feel like he puts them first because they're everything he's ever wanted and I'm not. I feel like I'm a failure to him.

This sounds like such a terrible situation. This is not your fault, and you are not a failure. It may be a good place to start by remembering that you know he loves you. Maybe it would be helpful to try to express your feelings to him, and let him know how hurt you are by this situation. It is possible that he isn't aware of how you're feeling. It may even be helpful to talk to your sisters about the situation. They may also be feeling the same way, which may make them a good support system. You may even want to reach out to a family member, guidance counselor, or professional therapist (if possible), to help. Please remember to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X