Losing interest.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing interest.

Me and my boyfriend are about to make 3 months in about a week but recently it feels like he’s been losing interest and whenever I try talking to him about it, he seems so oblivious to it. I literally said, “I’m trying to have a conversation with you cuz shit isn’t like how it use to be” then he left me on delivered for AN HOUR after replying consecutively. Then he messaged me back saying “okay so what happened”. This is what I said, “nothing. I js felt like u was bored of me and like ur done with me and ur js staying with me cuz u feel pity. Like we can’t even have a conversation outside of school and shit isn’t like how it use to be. But I feel like that’s js me”. I do partially feel like it’s my fault because I’m bringing past emotional baggage into this relationship but I also feel like my relationship is becoming very one sided. Not that long ago, we had an argument about how he told me he was talking to his ex bc she msged him but when I brought it up, jokingly, he denied it. And when I went back to our msgs to pull up the receipts, he unsent it. Like who tf does that. I ultimately apologized because I felt like it was my fault and I js didn’t want him cheating on me or leaving me like this other dude did or how my father did to my mother. This dude is having a huge impact on me just like the dude before him who’ve I talked to for over 2 years and he just played me. I don’t want to say I’m in love but that’s what it essentially is. Or idk. Maybe I’m just delusional.

Glad you reached out to us. It must be upsetting to feel things changing. So you mentioned you could be bringing past things into this relationship and that’s not going to help you to have a healthy relationship. Btw it sounds like you know that. With that said, you do have to trust your intuition and if you feel things are off then express your feelings and see how it goes. That’s all you can do when it comes to matters of the heart, right?! Relationships are about trusting the other person and their word until they show you that you can’t. Maybe take a moment to think about what’s going on in the relationship and with you, journal something some things so you can reflect. Hope this helps and good luck. Text or call 2NDFLOOR anytime.

Comment

Hi! Your feelings are valid. It makes sense that you feel that way based on your previous dating experiences. The important thing is to trust your gut!

Comment

hi, thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you have a lot on your mind and are going through a lot. It must be hard to try to figure it all out on your own. Please call the Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228 to speak with someone. There is someone available 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X