Friend more than a friend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend more than a friend?

I have a best friend, F, who I've liked on and off since 1st grade. I'm now and incoming highschooler and I almost positive he likes me and is asking me out on an informal date. Problem is that my dad and his dad do NOT get along nor does my dad even want to see his father, (for reasons that are COMPLETELY understandable.) What do I do now? I like him ALOT but I, a) don't want to risk our friendship, and b) don't believe it's fair to put my parents through the most definite interactions with his parents. So how should I approach the situation? Do I follow what my heart wants and see what happens, or do I ignore my strong feelings for him and keep my friendship just that; a platonic relationship?

Okay, so if you really like him then make a pros and cons list so that you can see where you really stand and where to go from here. Listen, you don't know if the feelings will be reciprocated by your friend so if you want to try and talk to him about getting to know each other on a "more then friends" basis then try that first, just a thought. As far as your dads not liking each other I get that might be tricky, but maybe if you talk to your dad about possibly dating F and see what he says. Keep in mind that your friend is not his father and you two do not have to get mixed up in adult business. Just take it step by step and don't get ahead of yourself. Make a plan if you really want to pursue a relationship, think about talking to your friend to see if he wants to date, talk to your dad about what if you dating F, and then you take some time to think about what you want. Ultimately, it is up to you so go with what feels right. I hope this has helped and if you want to talk further call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8pm.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X