Young and Beautiful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young and Beautiful

So up until recently, one of my best friends was a boy. A little while ago, I found out from some mutual friends that he liked me...as in *like* liked me. And apparently he was planning to invite me to the 8th grade end of year dance/formal. I was super freaked out. I went home and had a conversation with my mom about it, where I ultimately decided that if he asked, I would go with him because it is good practice for later life, and it wasn't something to lose his friendship over. So the weeks went by. He didn't ask me, it seemed like he wanted to, he kept finding ways to get me alone, and then didn't ask me. Soon enough people started to find out....I don't know who told them, but they found out. And so soon half the school was gossiping about it. About 4-5 das before the dance he asked me over IM! But I said yes anyway and we went to the dance. He was sweet, and it was fun, but really awkward. And we slow danced and stuff, and half the grade now "ships" us. I don't really know what we are now...and i thinks he thinks we are dating, or at least wants us to be dating and i just don't know. I mean I like him, I do, but I just don't know if I'm ready to date him, or anyone! But I don't know how to tell him without REALLY hurting him as he is really sensitive...

So help! Should I go out with him, because I like him and he is a friend of mine, even if it is awkward, and dramatic for me, or should I call it off and risk losing him and/or hurting him for good?

You should never do something that you don't want to do. If you don't want to be in a relationship with him, then it isn't really fair to either of you to be in that relationship. Relationships should be wanted and cherished by both parties. Perhaps you can try to talk to him and explain that you value your friendship, but that you just don't have the same romantic feelings for him as he does for you. It may be helpful to talk to your mom or close friend for support, or to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X