Dorming :*(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorming :*(

What really hurts is when I feel like people have chosen to dorm with others and didn't think about asking me join :*( even when I have told them that I was looking for a roomate. We do have a connections and they are fond of me, so it's not like we don't know each others. But it really hurts that when I asked them, they said they already have plans and didn't consider me despite knowing. Like typically if you percieve someone is important to you, don't you include them? I wasn't, and I feel chosen over all the time, by people who have expressed fondness of me. I feel so worthless and sometimes I wish I can disappear so I wouldn't have to feel like this all the time.

I am sorry you are going through this and feel this way. There might be a possibility that your friend already promised the other person that they would dorm with them. I am sorry you're upset about this. I would recommend calling or texting our helpline to discuss your feelings. Also, you will meet new people in college and maybe you will have a great roommate that you can be friends with for a long time. Please reach out to us at 888-222-2228. Good Luck!

Comment

This makes a lot of sense. I understand from your post that you want to feel more included in plans with others, especially looking for a roommate. This may seem like a very challenging time to navigate a college experience. However, just know the best times are yet to come. You will soon have many friends and great experiences to look back on, just hold onto that!

Comment

College is such a difficult time and I’m so sorry this is adding to your stress. I will say that when I was in college finding people to live with and living with different people taught me so much. Just because I was friends with someone didn’t mean that we were good roommates. Some of my friendships were even damaged by living with each other. My best living situations were through Facebook message boards. I specified what kind of person I am, my sleep habits, if I’m tidy, quiet etc. and what type of roommate I was looking for. I had the healthiest and happiest living situations while still maintaining my other friendships. You will learn so much about yourself in college and determine what kind of people you truly want to have in your life.

Comment

This time in life can be a very confusing and difficult time for many people. College can be a very challenging time not only academically, but socially, and it often brings about a lot of stress and struggles within life. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your friends. While it is often difficult and challenging, college can be a very rewarding time and it's important to find people who you can relate to and are considerate and thoughtful to your needs and values. Always be open to making new friends and having new experiences, I hope you can find a group of friends that are open to sharing these experiences with you.

Comment

College can be a very difficult time because of growing responsibilities and the desire to interact with others and form new relationships. I'm sorry to hear that you feel overlooked a lot. It feels horrible to not be included, especially when you just want to get along with everyone. However, you can not let others define your worth and you can not let other these initial experiences dictate how your dorm experience will be. College is full of so many different and exciting people that your bound to find someone who makes you feel included. That person could even be your next roommate too!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X