Popularity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popularity

I'm getting in alot of trouble at school lately, and I think it's due to me feeling like I have to do something to stay popular. Suggestions would help.

I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. What type of trouble are you getting into in school? If your friends are only your friends if you get into trouble to try to act cool to entertain them, they are not really friends. I would suggest trying to stop getting in trouble and see what they do. If they stop being friends with you they are not worth it in the first place. It is not worth you getting in trouble to keep your friends. Please reach out to 2NDFLOOR to discuss this or anything else. Our number is 888-222-2228 and we are available 24/7.

Comment

Friends aren't your friends if they're trying to get you in trouble. In time you will determine what kind of people you truly want to have in your life. Never let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't feel comfortable doing. I'm proud of you for reaching out for help!

Comment

Its important to find a friend/friends who appreciate and respect you for who you are, rather than needing something like popularity to be their friends or be noticed. It can be a difficult journey but you'll find people in your life who respect you and your values, just keep being you and don't feel the need to impress or earn the respect of others through things such as acting out.

Comment

Thank you for reaching out. It is difficult to ask for help. Popularity during school is a difficult and painful thing to try and navigate. I would stop doing the things that get you in trouble and see what your friends do or say. If they say mean things or stop being friends with you, they are not true friends and do not have your best interest in mind.

It is a difficult thing to recognize when people are not true friends, and it takes strength to stop being friends with them. But rest assured, you will find people who respect you and value you for who you are, and will not pressure you into doing things that can get you in trouble. When you find these people, you will feel more loved and respected simply for being yourself. I wish you the best of luck in navigating this situation. You are valid for your feelings!

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I can relate to you. There was a time where popularity was making me do things that I normally would not do. I found myself acting in ways that I am not proud of. I think taking a step back and seeing if you are happy with how you are leading your life is a great way to start. If you do not like that you are getting in trouble, then maybe it is time for a change. I personally did not like the person I had become and decided to leave my friend group and join another which made me a lot happier. It may feel impossible at times because you are giving up the attention and praise that comes with popularity but at the end of the day it is important to stay true to who you are and you will find yourself a lot happier with your actions.

Comment

As previous posts have said your friends are people who respect you and would not try to make you do things to get in trouble. If you feel uncomfortable with what they are making you do you can try to talk to them about it. Granted it takes a lot of courage and strength to even start to have this conversation, but if they truly are your friends they would be able to sit down and have this kind of conversation. Hopefully after this kind conversation your friendship would be stronger than ever.

Comment

Sometimes, it can feel like attention is all you need, even if it isn't good attention. In the long run, though, getting into trouble at school isn't the kind of attention you probably want to be known for. Popularity is a hard thing to deal with, and it can feel like if you're not popular, something is wrong with you. I would challenge this and say that instead of searching for any possible attention, try to focus on getting meaningful attention. This might mean spending more time with friends and getting to really know them, or joining a new club. It might mean confiding in a trusted teacher or guidance counselor, and building a bond there. It might mean working extra hard to get a high grade, or score a goal at your next sports game. However, it may look for you, I would challenge you to get true meaningful attention in small doses rather than negative attention from many different directions.

Comment

Thank you for reaching out for help! I think what is important to understand here is that school popularity doesn't last forever. Real friends want to see you succeed and do well in life. You want to surround yourself with others that have a good influence on you. My advice to you is to start aiming for positive attention rather than negative attention. And if certain "friends" begin to drift away, make sure you pay attention to who sticks around.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                  Working...
                  X