No announcement yet.

Why don't people want to be around me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't people want to be around me?

I've been really down lately and I want to just break down. I'm a senior in high school and I want to go out and party more, but I don't get invited anywhere. Today is an example of how my life is. So my girlfriend is going out to a party with her friends tonight having a "girl night" so I didn't bother her, when really I would like to go. so my best friend (I'll call him O) asked me if I wanted to have a "bro night" with him and our other friend. Later, O tells me that he found a party and wants to know if we want to go, so I said sure! A couple hours later, he texts me saying "How mad would you be if I told you you can't come tonight?" I was really upset and he said that he was going and when I asked why I couldn't come anymore, he didn't answer. My other best friend is in a fight with me currently and refuses to talk to me. My other friend is in Canada and another in North Carolina and my other friend is sick. I'm so upset cause I never go out and I feel like my high school days are wasting away. What can I do to save myself and get invited to go out more?

It sounds like you are going through a rough time right now with being able to make plans with your friends. You are not alone in your way of feeling. It can be very upseting during these times, but just because your friends or girlfriend are not able to hang out with you right now, does not mean they do not want to. It sounds like you have a good amount of friends and a girlfriend that care about you. It's just sometimes people can get busy, and may not be able to hang out as much as you would like. During these times there are lots of things you can do to help lift your spirits or meet new people, if you would like. One way to lift your spirits and meet people is by learning a new hobby or joining a club at school. There are lots of different things to get involved in such as sports, music, working out, or the arts. This may allow you to meet new people that are interested in the same things, and then you can plan times to hang out. You can also try reaching out to your friends, and letting them know that you feel like you dont get to hang out with them enough and go out. Maybe you can then plan some group outtings for the future, so you have something to look forward to. If you would like to discuss more ideas, or anything else feel free to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 1-888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X