I'm scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm scared

I have a friend that I'm worried about. It all started during spring break this year. When I came back from spring break, I found out that my friend hang himself and he was few seconds away from dying. His parents had the biggest shock of their lives. They found their son hanging from the ceiling . They took the rope off his neck. And then, they rushed him to the hospital. It made my heart sink to the floor. I broke down , it hurt so much. He came back from the mental hospital, he came back , the same suicidal person. Later on, he went to a different mental hospital for 3 weeks. It hurt everytime going to school without him. I found out that he attempted suicide because of bullying. He came back again, the same person. He keeps crying and I ask him what's wrong. He says it's his past , but he wouldn't tell me. It hurts so much because I keep thinking that he'll attempt suicide again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Seeing someone we care about in pain is incredibly difficult. People don't usually commit suicide because of one single incident and understanding why someone would commit suicide can be difficult to comprehend. So, it's important to recognize that there is only so much you can do. You can listen and be supportive for your friend, but it is also important that you reach out to a trusted adult for yourself and for your friend. This is a lot to just be on your shoulders so if you truly feel that your friend might attempt suicide again tell someone, this may include your parents, a family member, his parents, school guidance counselor, teacher, school nurse or even call emergency services if you feel he is a threat to himself.
    Here are useful numbers for you and your friend, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273- 8255 & link is http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or Hope Center Hotline @ (800) 784-2433- they are hotlines for people who are feeling suicidal and they also have resources available. In addition here is a resourceful website on bullying @ http://www.stopbullying.gov/ .
    If you want to talk further, call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk at 888-222-2228 or you can text every day at 908-280-0235 from 4-8pm.

Comment

Thanks for finally writing about >I'm scared - 2NDFloor

Comment

I'm in the same situation. I know how you feel.
        ://

Comment

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this information for my mission. cbd oil near me cbd oil near me

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I hope your friend is okay, and that you also are okay. You did a great thing by reaching out to this message board, and I'm sure your friends appreciates you so much. Great job

Comment

It's always so difficult to see a friend going through a hard time. I'm so proud of you that you've reached out for help and to try and help your friend. They may not show it but I'm sure they love and appreciate everything you do for them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X