Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

self harm s.o.s beeds to be answered!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self harm s.o.s beeds to be answered!!!!!!

Hi, so I'm 17 and in college. I graduated early.
    so I here's the deal. I cut. I'm trying to stop. In fact I'm 8 days clean. But the problem is I think my r.a saw the cuts. Usually in good about hiding them but it was like 2 am when I went to the bathroom. So I had a t shirt on and no makeup on the cuts, I wasn't even thinking about them. Anyway we both were washing out hands and to get soap I reached across, and there they were. I saw her staring at them the whole time , even tho she didn't say anything I know she saw them. Can she get me kicked out over this???

So I am so happy to hear that you have not self harmed in 8 days, that's great. I do not know the guidelines for the R.A. reporting behavior, but it can't get you kicked out if anything they will just try to get you help (that is if she reports it). Listen, there is nothing to be ashamed of so don't be ashamed. It is important that you have the right support so that you do not start cutting again. Cutting or self-injury of any kind is never an appropriate solution to any problem and I am sure that you know that. Try to reach out to the college counselors so you can talk to someone on campus and have that support when you have the urge to cut. You are going to face a lot of stress because college is very demanding and a lot of responsibility. Make sure you talk to someone! I hope you have a great and successful year!
    Check out the websites:
    http://www.selfinjury.com/ or call them at 800-366-8288 (Teen Self Injury helpline)
    http://butterfly-project.tumblr.com/
    Also call 2NDFLOOR anytime if you need to talk further, we are available to talk 24/7 at 888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 09-15-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

response to the question above

Hey,

I'm an RA in a residence hall and I suffer from PTSD, depression and anxiety. I am also a cutter. The staff know this too. No, you cannot get kicked out. Our protocol is to call up and you may receive a psych eval, but it in no way jeopardizes your standing as a student with the University; they want to get you the help you need. I had to learn this the hard way and am currently learning it. I also contemplate suicide daily, but that did not make me lose housing or anything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X